Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Individual Maze (by Elizabeth Miley)

When I die throw the rest of my
tea in my flower garden, but buy me more
every month.
Eat a tuna sandwich for me.
Visit Goodwill on their half-off day and find
me a turtle neck to put in my drawer.
Tell me some bad jokes they are my
favorite.
Don’t sleep on my pillow I didn’t get to
wash it. Go to the beach with me and
bring someone new.
Please just try the tuna…
Don’t worry I just changed my oil.


*****************************

There is something about the simplicity of this poem by Elizabeth that I just love.  There is so much that is said about this person, but really not much was said about them at all. The speaker is very aware of the self....even to the point that they are concerned with their unwashed pillow in a world where they no longer exist.  I just think this was very sweet and that it feels complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment