Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Static Line


did
you ever
hear
the one
about
the guy
who
fell from
the sky
like
some violent
angel
being kicked
out
of heaven
by
Jesus Christ
himself?
 
you know

the
one that
ends
with him
landing
on
the nightly
news
while
we idly
watch
as
he begins
to
tear
the world

apart

one
day
at
a time

one
man
at
a time

one
 
at

a

time

left
 
              right
 

left

the joke's on you.

***********************************
Assignment: This is the poem I chose as one that I don't think is as successful as others I have written. I've been working on this one for almost two years now, and I just don't think I have it yet. The breaks never seems quite right, and the second stanza I think could be worded differently. I have omitted the last line several times, but added it back in for this assignment just to show what I'm working with. I'm trying to create the sensation of falling from the sky, but by doing so I read this poem extremely fast when I say it out loud. Maybe one day I will wake up and figure out what needs to be done, but as for now I play around with this one every other month or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment